Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How do I find the hotel?
- A. Don't trust your navigation system the rural post codes often lead them astray. Although Strathpeffer is in our address, we are actually in the small village of Contin, three miles to the west. Once in Contin, the entrance to our driveway is the third right (approximately 200 yards) after the petrol station. If you approach from the south and pass the village shop you have gone too far! We are located up the hill at the end of the half-mile country driveway.
- Q. How early can we check in?
- A. Check-in time is officially 3 pm, however, should you arrive earlier we will get you into the room as soon as we can. Please make prior arrangements if it is essential that you get access to your room earlier than 3 pm.
- Q. How far are you from the airport?
- A. We are 26 miles from the Inverness airport, a leisurely 45 minute drive or a stressful 25 minutes when running very late one Sunday morning!
- Q. How late can we check in?
- A. The front desk typically closes at 11 pm. Should you be arriving later than 11 pm please make arrangements in advance as we do not have the hotel staffed during the night.
- Q. Is there a hair-dryer, iron and ironing board in the room?
- A. Hair-dryer, iron and ironing board is provided in each room.
- Q. Are non-residents welcome?
- A. The restaurant is open to everyone seven days a week.
- Q. Can you cater for my food alergy?
- A. We are quite accustomed to accommodating our guests' food allergies. Please, where possible, let us know in advance so that we can be best prepared.
- Q. Do you cater for children?
- A. Kids are welcome to join us. We provide a kids menu and our chefs are always very flexible and can accommodate most requests.
- Q. Is there a dress code for the restaurant?
- A. There is no formal dress code, we say, if you are comfortable we are! Some guests dress for dinner, but by no means it is a requirement.
- Q. Are you pet-friendly?
- A. Well-behaved dogs are made to feel most welcome, they are able to stay with you in the bedroom and the public areas but we do request they stay out of the restaurant. A fee of £5 per dog per day will be added to your bill.
- Q. Is there a lift in the hotel?
- A. We do not have a lift, there are, however, a few rooms on the ground floor should you require one. Please specify when making your reservation if you need a ground floor room.
- Q. Is there wifi in the hotel?
- A. Wifi connection is available throughout the hotel free of charge.
Dear Stuart, I am writing on behalf of all the participants of the Highland Fling Tour to thank you and your staff for a very warm welcome to Coul House.”
Fiona E. Davies, Sporting Bears Motor Club